Saturday, April 11, 2009

Random Thoughts From Suburbia

I am so bored. I have a three bedroom house in suburbia with a wife and a dog, and internet access, and big stores within driving distance, and, and, and.....

People are the things that define a life. A happy life is a life spent in the company of people with which one has a connection that rewards both parties. A community of worth is a system in which this connection becomes multiple, different, interconnected experiences in the company of good people. Suburbia is a system designed to fulfill all other facets of life in comfort and ease without the risk of interacting with people.

All experiments start with trepidation and lack of knowledge. I find myself looking around desperately for the method by which living richly might be possible in such a situation. Times are very early, but I think extreme measures might be in order. It seems I may need to call upon the powers of ancient, asian philosophy and start meditating again. I also think that I may become substantially better at musical instruments so that I don't eviscerate strangers for kicks.

Any environment in which it is assumed that people will not walk around is fucked up on the deepest level.

However, I do believe in my ability to warp the world around me so that I can help others to experience the warmth of a pub, and thus be comforted and enwombed again.

No comments: