Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Age.

Today I went to a dermatologist to see if my back was growing evil tumors. The results were that I have Seborrheic Keratoses and that I am going to die, but not from benign skin growths, and not for decades to come. However, these are the blotches of age. I am getting older.

I think people do not age in a steady progression
. People age in sudden jumps. For example, in my late twenties I managed 90% of my total balding in the course of about two years. Since then, relatively little change.

I believe I have just lurched into middle age. Sometimes my knees hurt. I find myself hitching up my britches. I don't get freaked out by being called, "Sir" anymore. I have a dodgy back. I think I know the right way to do everything (previously the last moment that I knew everything was as a teenager.) My cholesterol is high and having shaved off my beard I am growing a new one because I look better furry. Not more attractive, just more right somehow.

No comments: