Sunday, January 23, 2011

Love.

This will be an unusual post. Usually I have gone for a walk and had the idea for a post in my head for a while before I post. However, this idea occurred to me not one minute ago and I am deliberately writing as fast as I can before my forebrain can catch up to what I am feeling.

I feel love right now. Not necessarily a personal, directed love, but a general feeling of rightness, of a depth of feeling of contentedness that means that I can spread this feeling without risk to myself. I want to give what I am feeling, and I think that everyone who might receive such a feeling from even such a poor source as some writing deserves it.

This is what I think is at the core of religion, the feeling of rightness, of love for the people who are around you, the desire to give others contentment. This is the feeling I had before my great enlightenment experience, and the recognition of that has probably stopped me from having it again. Maybe that is so again today, but that's alright.

I think every single one of you who reads this that I have met has a great capacity to care and love the people around us. You should be proud of that and remember it as much as you can. We all spend too much of our time being not what we would like to be, but I think that we spend an under-appreciated amount of our time being amazing, brilliant, wonderful creatures.

If you feel like receiving my love at this moment it is freely given, whoever you are.

I think you deserve it.