Monday, April 23, 2012

Tripartite Dilemma of my Mind

At the moment my state of mind is a place affected by three forces, apathy, guilt, and serenity.  My actions are the same, what matters is how I feel about it.

Apathy is the position of not wanting to do very much, brought on by a feeling of there being little point in doing more than the minimum.  My position, expectations, and experiences are unlikely to change very much, why try?

Guilt is the feeling that I am wasting my time, not working hard enough, somehow letting people down, not making the most of things.

Serenity is acceptance of a lucky life.  Loved, comfortable, safe, surrounded by a beautiful world there to be noticed.

Solution?  Do the minimum that satisfies the guilt, keep trying to notice what I have.

Solutions are harder to do than decide.

No comments: