Monday, July 1, 2013

Trapped and Powerless

I am trapped and powerless to do anything about it.  I live in a place I dislike in many ways, spending almost all of my time alone.  Now, I have a means of leaving, I could either simply leave my wife, or file for divorce and get the money from the house and head off somewhere else.  If I don't want to leave my wife then I have no ability to move.

When people are powerless they are treated as such, as if they are inferior.  After all, what can they do about it?  Since I have no power my opinion matters less, I am less respected.  The only way my position can change is if someone else decides to change it.

I am a menial servant and there is nothing I can do about it.

Still, it is dramatically better than my last job, it's just everything else that is worse.

No comments: