Thursday, April 7, 2011

Another Year in Surburban Texas.

So another year older, and what have you done? To somewhat plagiarize John Lennon. It's now been two years since Christina and I moved to the northern suburbs of Houston. Therefore I am taking a moment to take stock of the time.

Here is the first post on this blog about living in Houston. It's not very positive, is it? Well, I would say my opinions on the place, and the life I am living in it are not really very different. I am more comfortable in the place, in that I have adjusted to the situation, but the situation is essentially the same. I'm just treading water until the next thing, and I have discovered that it's not up to me to change it.

I tried meeting people, with little success. I tried starting bands, which failed. I joined a band, which I subsequently quit. It's now been a full week since I went anywhere but to a store or the park.

There is a pub that we go to where the people are generally nice to us. None of them I would say I could really call friends, but it's a place where I can have a nice time. It's big ass beer night tonight and I am really looking forward to riding our bikes there.

Life in a gilded cage. It's a hell of a lot better than life in a gutter.

No comments: