Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hope Dashed

In my last post I talked about how much I wanted to move to Austin and why.  Yesterday we were informed that Christina would not even get an interview as the company decided to go with younger, local, less qualified people because it would cost less.  Christina didn't get an interview because she was qualified to do the job, and therefore would cost more money.

It's a bad day in this Binmore household.  Christina stayed home today after waking up and crying in the shower (I am on this, don't worry) and is upstairs playing a video game appropriately called, "Oblivion."  It is harder for Christina than myself.  I have more emotional resources because I don't have to go to a place I hate every weekday, Christina holds things in more than I do (that's how she keeps jobs when I get laid-off) and so problems tend to come out suddenly and painfully.  For me it is pretty much another disappointment, nothing particularly new.

1 comment:

Dave Wombacher said...

Give her a Wookiee Hug for me, if you think it'll help...