Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Wonderful Life

WonderA feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable.

I have seen the Eiffel Tower, the sun setting over the Alps, a mink by the side of a Norwegian Fjord.

I have played soccer, hockey, rugby, tennis, boules, softball, croquet, racquetball, horseshoes, darts, snooker, and pool.

I have walked in rainforests and deserts.

I have spoken in German, French, and Spanish to native speakers in their own countries.

I have truly fallen in love.

I have written a song, played it in front of an audience, and some danced.  Afterwards there was applause.

I have seen death and saved a life.

I have read, and read, and read book, after book, after book.

I have meditated and experienced what some call satori, and others call being born again.

I have seen killer whales hunt and kill a seal.

I have bathed naked in a hot spring with an eagle circling in the pure blue sky overhead.

I have got down on my hands and knees and properly played with a small child, becoming part of pure imagination.

I have experienced the darkest despair and the purest joy.

I have had a wonderful life, and I'm only halfway through.

No comments: