Monday, August 18, 2008

Dark, Wet and Grey

After weeks of warmth and bright sunshine we got a thunderstorm and rain today. Pattering moisture, scents rising from the earth, diffuse grey light nibbling at the edges of perception. It is the colour and environment of when and where I grew up, prone to reminding me of curling up in a bed with a book, alone, untouched by humanity. Solitary, quiet, still. Unconscious connections with the english culture, or perhaps an english culture, a state of mind without pain or pleasure, without excitement or misery. An unthinking existence, like a deep pool still and hidden away from sight.

1 comment:

Dade Cariaga said...

"I have become comfortably numb..."

Be careful where the desire for isolation my lead you, my friend. Methinks you should attend Patrick's birthday bash this weekend. 'Twill be good for ya.

(Even though I won't be there. *sniff)